is a list of things to do and read as soon as you join the Wudl group.
Please complete this list within the first week.
1. Download and read "All I Know I Learned in Kindergarten" this outlines the rules for the group.
2. Download and read the Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) for your
lab. CNSI 2nd floor, CNSI
3rd Floor, PSBN
3. Once you have read the CHP for your lab ask someone to show you the CHP folder for your lab and SIGN the user form. EH&S checks for these signatures during their lab inspections.
4. Ask someone to show you around the lab and find the safety shower, eye wash, fire extinguishers and electrical cut offs.
the safety test LS04
on the EH&S website.**
6. Sign up for the next live
safety class, LS01 , on the EH&S
7. If you are funded through the MRL
take the MRL Safety Test
as well and have Fred sign your form.
8. Obtain goggles and a fire resistant
lab coat. Always wear Goggles and a fire resistant lab coat when
working in the lab.
9. Contact Marlene Carlyle to obtain
your lab notebook, to be directed to your funding agency and email
address (call 3453)
10. If you ever have any questions
about the lab or the equipment ASK
SOMEONE, we are all here to help each other.
11. Send a photograph of yourself and a
one sentance discription of your project to the website keeper. (Britt
till she leaves)
**All Wudl Group members must take BOTH the EH&S Lab Safety Video ONLINE training (LS04) (Postdocs and Grad students take the Postdoc Lab Training. Undergrads take the Undergraduate Lab Training) AND Lab Safety Class LIVE training LS01 given once a quarter.
Best of luck in your research.
Dr. Wudl's Chemistry