Shared group files login required
tips and tutorials:
or MS Word
- Getting Started with Carnal: pdf - Carnal is a program in the AMBER 7 package used for analyzing and comparing multiple theoretical structures
Bowers group research collaborators:
page in Research Projects
Research groups working in the field of gas-phase ion chemistry:
Armentrout, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
Jarrold, Indiana University
- David Clemmer, Indiana University
Ervin, University of Nevada, Reno
Beauchamp, California Institute of Technology
Williams, University of California, Berkeley
Principles Research, Inc.
sites and on-line tools:
in which we publish our results: An on-line subscription is required
to view full article texts for all these journals. Abstracts can be viewed
without a subscription, with the exception of those from the ACS-published
journals J. Am. Chem. Soc. and J. Phys. Chem.
Journal search sites:
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index from ISI) Indexes 5,300 science journals, with searchable author abstracts. The database covers a date range of 1945 to present with about 17,000 new articles being added per week. Accessible only from the ucsb.edu domain (or by proxy).
- SciFinder Scholar Download site for software to search the Chemical Abstracts databases
- Electronic journals available to UC Santa Barbara Includes links
to journal web sites
Catalog of the University of California's libraries - Use to search
for journal titles and find links to journal web sites
journals search Acc. Chem. Res., Chem. Rev., J.
Am. Chem. Soc., J. Phys. Chem., Nano Lett., Organometallics,
etc. (full list)
ScienceDirect journals search Chem. Phys., Chem. Phys.
Lett., Int. J. Mass Spectrom., J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom.,
InterScience journals search Angew. Chem., Biopolymers,
Mass Spectrom. Rev., Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., etc.
Press (Internet Imprint of the Stanford University Libraries) search
J. Biol. Chem., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Science,
of Chemical Physics (American Institute of Physics) search
Dissertations from UMI ProQuest Search or browse for dissertations
published since 1997 - Documents are available for download as PDF files
with 24 page previews available online
University of California, Santa Barbara sites:
Visiting the Bowers group at UCSB:
- ucsb.pdf The first page of this document has a map of the UCSB campus showing where to park and how to get to the Bowers group offices and labs in the Chemistry Building. The second page has a map of Goleta showing the location of the UCSB campus (driving directions included).
- UCSB Visitor Center A University web page for visitors
- UCSB Faculty Club Guest Rooms
- Housing and Living in Santa Barbara A Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry web page
- Santa Barbara sites: